Total Care Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine provides Outpatient Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for:
- Pre and Post-Operative care, including Joint Replacements, Rotator Cuff Repairs, Labral repairs of the hip and shoulder, ACL Reconstructions, Menisectomies and repairs etc…
- Sports Related Injuries (e.g. tendonitis, bursitis, strains, sprains, ACL tears, meniscus tears)
- Neck and Back Pain (e.g. disc related issues, Radiculopathy, sciatica, and postural related conditions.)
- Upper Extremity Pain: Shoulder , Elbow, Arm, Wrist, and Hand
- Lower Extremity pain; Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle, and Foot
- TMJ Disorders
- Gait/Balance dysfunction
We use massage as part of our physical therapy treatment to:
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relax and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduce recovery time. Helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Improve range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.